Researchers are advised against all – or all but essential – travel to certain countries. Visit the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs’ website to find out more.
Before travelling abroad, please check the security guidelines and recommendations from the IT System Department security guidelines and recommendations, as well as recommendattions regarding your travel (information only available for researchers working in CNRS units).
For certain countries and regions, project managers in CNRS research units and representative offices must request approval from the Director of the Security Department for CNRS officers issued with a travel order.
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Saudi Arabia, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Bangladesh, Benin, Burma, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, The Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, North Korea, Ivory Coast
- Égypt, United Arab Emirates, Écuador, Erythrea, Ethiopia
- Georgia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau
- Haiti, Honduras
- Iran, Irak, India, Indonesia, Israel
- Jamaica, Japan, Jordania
- Kazakhstan, Kenya
- Lebanon, Liberia, Libya
- Malaisia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mexico, Moldavia, Mozambique
- Niger, Nigeria
- Oman, Ouganda, Ouzbekistan
- Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines
- Russia, Rwanda
- Salvador, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Sri Lanka, South Sudan, Syria
- Tadjikistan, Tanzania, Tchad, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turkey
- Zambia, Zimbabwe
Approval from the Director of the Security Department is not compulsory for countries that do not feature on this list. However, it is strongly recommended that you check the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs’ website before leaving.